- Cinnamon Punch with Dried Persimmons
Sujeonggwa is a cinnamon punch made by soaking cinnamon and ginger in water. The soaking liquid is mixed with sugar and boiled, then garnished with dried persimmons and pine nuts. Sujeonggwa means ‘cookies in water.’ To enjoy the real sujeonggwa taste, drink it like as to drink sweet honey and cold ice.
- 2H 41M
- 3H M
- ginger, un-spilt cinnamon, yellow sugar, dried persimmons
- – 200 g ginger
- 2 kg (10 cups) water
- – 120 g un-spilt cinnamon
- 2 kg (10 cups) water
- – 150 g (1 cup) yellow sugar
- – 213 g (1⅓ cups) sugar
- – 200 g (5 ea) dried persimmons
- – 50 g (10 ea) walnut
- – 5 g pine nuts
- 1. Skin the ginger (160 g) and cut it into 0.3 cm-thick. Wash un-spilt cinnamon, cut it into half if it is too long. 【Photo 1】
- 2. Remove stalks of dried persimmons, slit one side with knife and make it flat strip (185 g).
- 3. Soak the walnut in warm water for 5 min, skin (45 g). Put the walnut on the flat dried persimmons and roll it up, cut it into 1 cm-thick. (200 g, 20 pieces). 【Photo 2】
- 4. Remove tops of the pine nuts and wipe the nuts with dry cotton cloths.
- 1. Put water and ginger in the pot, heat it up for 9 minutes on high heat. When it boils, reduce the heat to medium, boil it for 1 hour, sieve through cotton cloths (1.3 kg).
- 2. Put water and cinnamon in the pot, heat it up for 9 minutes on high heat. When it boils, reduce the heat to medium, boil it for 1 hour, sieve through cotton cloths (1.2 kg). 【Photo 3】
- 3. Pour ginger liquid and cinnamon liquid in the pot, add yellow sugar and regular sugar, heat it up for 12 minutes on high heat. When it boils, reduce the heat to medium, boil it for another 10 minutes Cool it down, and top with persimmons and pine nuts. 【Photo 4】
|Preparation||ginger, cinnamon, dried persimmons, walnuts and pine nuts|
|0min||Boiling ginger||H-Heat 9 minutes M-Heat 1hour|
|70min||Boiling cinnamon||H-Heat 9 minutes M-Heat 1hour|
|140min||Boiling cinnamon punch||H-Heat 12 minutes M-Heat 10 minutes|
|160min||Topping with persimmons and pine nuts|
- Ginger and cinnamon may be boiled together, but separate boiling will save each taste and smell.
- Un-spilt dried persimmons may be topped, instead of chestnut wrapped in persimmons.
제공=한식세계화공식포털/ Courtesy= Korean Food Promotion Institude